RECIPES FROM “THE COMPASSIONATE VEGAN” by Jacqueline Fonseca
Jackie’s Raw Ravioli
Makes 4 servings
Living in San Antonio Texas, we had a mild summer this year. It would really reach up to 109F degrees in cars and the heat index of 103F degrees in the shade. Even with it being more mild, I still wasn’t a fan of using the stove or the oven. I’m sure no one can blame me for that
Anywho, here is a lovely simple raw meal that will impress anyone!
Start with Macadamia Ricotta
1 cup of Macadamia Ricotta
1 medium zucchini
Smoked black peppercorn, cracked
Organic Olive Oil
Fresh Basil, chopped (about 1 Tablespoon)
1. Using a food processor is the easiest and inflatable UK fastest way to to slice your zucchini. I used the slice blade adjusted to 1.5 thinness.
2. In a small bowl, mix the Ricotta, fresh basil and grind pepper to taste.
3. Build your ravioli, take a slice of zucchini and fill 1/2 with a spoonful of ricotta and fold over the other side of zucchini (like an envelope). Repeat process till you run out of ricotta or zucchini. Place in a glass casserole dish or on serving plate. Drizzle with olive oil and champagne vinegar and top cracked smoked black pepper. Garnish with fresh basil and enjoy!
Jackie’s Raspberry Limeade Cupcakes~
Yield: 2 dozen
I made these for a girls night, and they were a hit These little gems, scream summer! If you like food coloring, than add a few drops of green to the cupcake batter. I’m not a fan of the artificial coloring, since I had read somewhere that the food dye is tested on animals.
1 1/2 cups plain unsweetened hemp milk (really any non-dairy milk will work)
1/2 cup lime juice
2 1/2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
1 1/3 cups sugar
1 teaspoon baking online casino real moneysoda
1 teaspoon salt
2/3 cups melted coconut oil
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 Tablespoons lime zest chopped
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Combine non-dairy milk and lime juice in a medium bowl. Allow to sit for 10 minutes to thicken. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking soda, and salt. Set aside. Add coconut oil, vanilla extract, and lime zest to the lime juice non-dairy milk mixture, whisking to combine.
3. Add wet ingredients to the flour mixture, stirring gently till no longer lumpy and the batter is smooth. Divide batter evenly into lined cupcake pan.
4. Bake for 35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Repeat the process till all of the batter is gone.
5. Allow the cupcakes to cool before frosting.
2 cups powdered sugar
1/2 cup raspberries, pureed
1/4 cup vegetable shortening
2 Tablespoons vegan margarine
hemp milk to thin
1. Add pureed raspberries, vegetable shortening, vegan margarine and powdered sugar in a bowl. Blend until smooth, adding non-dairy milk to desired consistency.
2. Frost cupcakes and enjoy!
Jackie’s A Salad You Eat With Your Hands
Vegan; Gluten Free; Raw; Serves 4; 10 minutes to make
Alright, maybe it’s not exactly a salad in the sense that you’re thinking of. Coming home from the farmers market and famished, all I could think of is making some wraps with the beautiful swiss chard leaves that I picked up. Super easy to make (cheating using my food processor to shred and slice) enjoy!
8 leaves swiss chard; steamed to help with the wrapping
2 small carrots or 1 medium carrot
1 large yellow squash
1 sweet red pepper, de-seeded
2 gypsy peppers, de-seeded
garnish with pineapple
serve with dressing of your choice
I added some gluten free edamame pasta noodles
1. (If using) Cook pasta according to directions.
2. (I cheated here) Shred carrots and yellow squash. Use a grater if you don’t have a food processor. Slice the peppers.
3. Fill the swiss chard leaves like a taco with pasta, pineapple and veggies. Add the dressing of your choice and wrap.